Newly released footage from 2015 reportedly shows a Navy encounter with an unidentifiable flying vehicle.
The To The Stars Academy of Arts and Sciences released a video on Friday which is said to include official Department of Defense footage taken from a A/A-18 Hornet while viewing an unidentified object, according to CNN.
The video, titled “Go Fast,” can be seen below.
The video was reportedly taken from a Pentagon program studying Unidentified Flying Objects. It was originally classified when it launched in 2007 as the Advanced Aviation Threat Identification Program. The program shut down in 2012, but some elements of the program are reportedly still active. To The Stars Academy claims several government organizations reviewed the footage and it is available for anyone who submits a Freedom of Information Act request.
The To The Stars Academy of Arts and Sciences, co-founded by former Blink182 frontman Tom DeLonge, is an organization comprised partly of members of the US intelligence community which aims to gather and release evidence which proves the existence of “exotic technologies.”
Luis Elizondo, former head of the Pentagon UFO program who now works at To The Stars Academy, says the video represents what is likely part of a much larger cache of material the Pentagon obtained as part of the program. “There is far more compelling evidence that I was privy to,” he said, “I think you’re looking at the tip of the iceberg.”
A CNN safety analyst noted the lack of a heat signature of the unidentified aircraft in the video, while Elizondo explained this video does not immediately indicate the presence of “a little green space alien” but that the vehicle and its unknown origins “should be alarming.”
For more on unidentified flying objects, be sure to read more about the Pentagon program which was declassified last year.
Brian Barnett is a freelance writer for IGN who is dubious about the existence of aliens. You can attempt to persuade him on Twitter at @Ribnax.