Hearthstone‘s 10.4 update is bringing some big changes to Arena, rolling our a new rarity system for draft picks, as well as cards from BlizzCon, that will be available for a limited time.
Details of the changes were announced today. Draft picks will now to offer players a more strategic choice with equally powerful cards of different rarities, rather than just choosing the most powerful card from an unimpressive trio of the same rarity.
Players will also see weapons, spells, and class cards appear more often, while poorer cards won’t appear as frequently. Meanwhile, picks one, 10, 20, and 30, will still have a card of Rare quality or better.
Here’s a rundown of the highlights:
- Each Arena pick in a draft will feature three cards of relatively equal power level, but different rarities.
- Picks one, 10, 20, and 30 will continue to have a guaranteed Rare quality card or better.
- The increased chance to see cards from the most recent expansion has been temporarily disabled in Update 10.4.
- The new Arena cards that were decided on at BlizzCon will also be added in Update 10.4 for a limited time.
- All cards that are excluded from the Arena draft pool remain unchanged.
- Other existing Arena rules in place that affect appearance rates are unchanged.
Shabana is a freelance writer who enjoys JRPGs, wine, and not finishing games. Follow her on Twitter.